Friday, April 8, 2011

A work of heart

also known as almost caught up!

At the end of March, I had to bid adieu to the Teacher Candidate (formerly known as Student Teacher) that had been with me since January.

Ms. Angelotti was such a joy to work beside and I know that one day she will make an amazing educator! I really wanted to make her something special that she might use in her own classroom one day.

So, my students each decorated a fabric square (5" muslin) with their name using crayola crayons. Then, I heat-set the crayon using a dry iron.

I used Giddy by Sandy Gervais for Moda Fabrics to create a heart and border around the students' squares.

Here is a picture of it on my design wall, after piecing before quilting:



She loved it and the students were so proud of their work!
Here is the final product, please excuse the blurry back picture:






These two sweet students gave up a few precious moments of recess to help me with the picture. :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: