Saturday, April 16, 2011

Scrappy Bargello

When I went to Road to California Quilt Show in January, I purchased some supplies, fabrics, and a few kits.


Of all the things that I brought home, I was most excited about the bargello quilt. (You can see it in the top corner in the picture of my booty.) The pattern was created by a quilter at the Quilter's Coop in Temecula and it was just my style!

Other than the fact that it is almost exactly the colors that I use in my kitchen/great room, I loved the fabrics provided in this quilt for other reasons. They are all Civil War Reproductions and fairly exquisite, in my opinion.

This is the first Bargello quilt that I have made and I have to admit that it was pretty quick and easy. I can say, with a fair amount of certainty, that I will be using this pattern for other quilts. (Maybe I'll be able to make use of my moda stash using this pattern.)

So, without further hesitation, my scrappy bargello....



And, just so that you can love the fabrics as much as I do, here is a close-up:


Love it! It is about the right size that I could even use it as a table cover on the farm table that separates the kitchen from the Great Room. The possibilities!
We will probably just use it to snuggle which is the best use it could have.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: