Friday, February 18, 2011

Road to California Quilt Show...

also known as: Catching Up Part 1

January 15th, I had the pleasure of attending the Road to California Quilt Show. It is a great place to see some award-winning quilts, take note of any new trends, meet many new people/designers/vendors, and buy a heap of new things on which to work!
Here is my haul:



Good stuff!
I've included some of my favorites from the show:
Some fabulous "Dear Jane" quilts!





"THE" tea quilt. (Everyone was all a-buzz about this one. For good reason!)


Check out the detail:


Best of Show





Holy hexagons!


The rust colored quilt in the center is one solid piece of fabric and the details were created solely through quilting.


Exquisite.


Ruby from the Fallbrook Quilt Guild had a wall-hanging in the Hoffman Challenge!


A very cool art quilt.


I could share tons more, but they truly can't convey the workmanship and talent from the show! If you are a quilter and have never been, you should make plans to attend.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: