Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year: 2008!

A day late and a dollar short.

Well, here we are in a brand new year. 2008. Wowza. I have been reflecting a lot these last few weeks about the resolutions that I made for 2007. I am not sure whether it is a good idea to measure the success of one's resolutions, however, I tried to do just that. First let's have a look at my resolutions layout from last year. As we peek, let me explain that I wanted to create resolutions that weren't too specific and would fit nicely together in order to contribute to a better me. (Once again, it's all about me!) :-)




Ok, ok. Let's start with the picture. I hate it. I was trying to do one of those artsy-fartsy pics in the bathroom mirror. I am not normally spatially challenged, but I could NOT for the life of me figure out where to look an in my frustration finally settled in a picture with brow furrowed in frustration trying to portray whimsy. Sad, I know.
I resolved to:
1. Care for my body.
2. Feed my mind.
3. Nurture my spirit.
4. Open my heart.

Hmmmmm.
1. is a no go. Before and after the hysterectomy, my body has been through a bit of a battle. I am not saying that I have abused it, however, I certainly didn't care for it as I had planned.

2. is a go. Entering graduate school to earn another master's degree and becoming a candidate for National Board Certification, not to mention, my passion for reading has made this one an easy resolution.

3. is a toss-up. I have certainly tried to do those things. However, sometimes life is serious and it requires gravity. Two precious people (Grandma Thomas and Grandma Hazel) passed this year along with the best dog one could possibly have (Edgar) and a former Del Rio student (Peter). All of these things in close proximity to one another and all hard to take. Rest in peace, all of you.

On to 4. I think this one is a go. These are the easy things in my life. They are natural and don't require much thought or effort. They are my life. To my four children and fantabulous husband, thank you so much for making my life a perfect one.

So, after the assessment, I am requesting a do-over. What, what? A do-over for the year? No. A do-over for my resolutions. I am going to give myself another chance for fidelity of implementation. Let's give her a go!

4 comments:

cindyMN said...

LOVE your blog. I love your humor!! It totally kills me!!
keep it up!
Cindy

x3JessicaLouise said...

Well, I applaud you on your efforts. In my opinion, getting through grad school and the becoming a candidate for the national board of certification are two amazing accomplishments. Not to mention how much time and effort goes into them. You're one heck of a wonder woman, you know that right? Not to mention raise 4 wonderful children.. and tend to 20+ during the school day. My hat's off to you!

twinscrapbee said...

The funny thing is, I already think you are an incredible, healthy, caring, nurturing, intelligent, and loving woman with a ginormous heart. Yet, you resolve to be even more wonderful... I am one of your biggest fans.

SharonDB said...

You are so inspirational. Rock on, Scrafty Teachin' Mama!