Friday, September 23, 2011

Snuggly Snowmen

On the first day of fall, I am happy to present a quilt with which you can get downright snuggly!

The quilt is made of flannels with some chenille thrown in for good measure. I bought this kit at Road to California Quilt Show. My friend, Linda, and I couldn't quit gushing over how fun this quilt was. The pieces of black simply make the quilt striking! (That is my sweet hubby holding the quilt for me, sporting his head full of curls and no shoes.)


It is, by far, the easiest quilt I have pieced together. What could be easier than piecing square blocks together???? The only issue was in the quilting. It was nearly impossible to quilt over the chenille due to its bulkiness. I simply quilted around those blocks and then just used an old school tack with embroidery floss. Problem solved!

For the back, I used a flannel that I bought on clearance at the Quilter's Cottage. (I got it for a steal!)


The kids love this one! It has been getting much use and I see that it will continue to be a favorite.

2 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

Love the colors.
Ann

Helena said...

It looks so fun and snuggly! What a great idea for a quilt.