Monday, May 30, 2011

Letters to Paris Quilt

Last year, I donated two quilts to Kaitlyn's Promise to help raise money for the Kaitlyn Vallery Memorial Scholarship. I was able to donate Charmed Star of Avignon and Twinkling Tesselations.

I finally finished one of the quilts that I will be donating this year. I did the majority of the quilt-top at our Idyllwild Quilt Retreat.

I decided to name the quilt "Letters to Paris," because I used a Moda fabric line called "Pom Pom de Paris" and the cream-colored fabric has tiny letters of the alphabet embedded in it.





(That's my cutie-pie husband holding the quilt for me. See his cycling socks! Thanks, my sweet.)

This is the first quilt that I have made that is set en point. Surprisingly, it wasn't difficult in the least.





The fabrics in this line are so pretty and feminine. They really went together nicely. I included a closer picture, albeit poor quality, in the hopes that you could see the colors better.





I am hoping to get one more quilt finished to donate, if our somewhat chaotic lives cooperates. *fingers crossed*
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: