Monday, July 9, 2012

To pass the time...

I have a few quilts to post, but I am not ready to do so, but probably will later this afternoon...or tomorrow...or a week from now...you never know.

Yesterday, I went on a bike ride and had a few firsts.  First of all, I went farther than I have before which is awesome.

Here is a screenshot from my map my ride log:

Woot!  I have decided that I will ride 100 miles in one shot by the end of the summer.  Considering that yesterday was a breeze, I don't think that should be a problem.  I never in a million years thought that I would be a distance rider, but....you never know.

The other "first" that I had was my first battle wound.  I earned a road gash, not rash....gash.  Let's just say that my cleat would not clip out fast enough.  Ok, let's just say that *I* didn't clip out fast enough.  Fortunately, there wasn't a lot of traffic on the road because it could have been worse.  Here she is...the baby gash:
Sidenote:  It is amazingly difficult to take a picture of your elbow, especially when your adrenaline is flowing like the Mississippi River.   
When I stopped to clean the cut out at a water fountain and to fill my water bottles, I called RenĂ© and told him what happened.  He asked, "Do you want me to come pick you up?"  I answered, "Of course not, but thank you."  I just wanted to be sure that he knew why I wasn't moving, if he was monitoring my ride with an app we use to keep track of each other on long rides.

As soon as I got home, he greeted me at the door with a broad grin on his face.  He was so proud of my first crash.  Ha!  See why I love this man?!?!?  He numbered off the reasons that he was proud of me and my epic ride.  (You see he has been cycling forever and I have only recently become serious about it.)

My boo-boo has now been properly treated with TLC and neosporin and my ego has been properly stroked by my sweetie.

I can't wait to get on my bike and go a little farther.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and
wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I
hope you write again very soon!

Here is my webpage ... Ripped Muscle X\Lean Muscle