Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day of Fathers!

Every year, I get to reflect on how incredibly blessed I am to have such amazing men in my life.  They are the ones that I get to call Dad in some capacity.
They are all extremely special to me for how they treat me, my kids, and the others around them.

I'll start with my own Daddy.  He is one of the kindest, most generous men you will ever have the pleasure to meet.  Yes, he totally gives me hell each time that he sees me, but I have never once doubted his love.  He supports me unconditionally, even in times when it was obvious that I was making mistakes.  I love this man!
I love the unadulterated excitement on my face as my dad teaches me to ride a bike in the above photo! (Little did he know that more than 30 years later, I would be as addicted as I am to my bicycle.)

The next father that I need to celebrate is Derek, Jake's dad.  Although he is currently deployed to the Middle East, AGAIN, he still keeps constant contact with Jake.  (Thank goodness for today's technology.)  He is a good dad to both Jake and his new sweet baby, Jason.  God speed, Derek.
A very sweet picture, but I will admit that I can barely look at this photo because of the gaudiness of those couches.  Hello, 90s!

Finally, my favorite!   My hubby, René!   He is the best papi ever to our kids and is a kick-ass step-dad to Jake.  René was an only child and he made it very clear that he wanted a house full of kids...Boy, did he get what he wanted.  When Gabriela was born, it made three kids under 2 1/2 years of age.  That's right...3 in diapers.  What a whirlwind!  But, my husband handled it all in stride and with grace.  He loves every chaotic, unpredictable moment of it and I love him beyond measure!  Like I said, I am a lucky girl!


My heart just melts. One more of my favorite pictures...it is so difficult to choose because I love so many photos of René with our kids...
René and Daniel at the pond behind my parents' house.  Love the sweetness.

Thank you, to all three of you, for making my life pretty perfect.  <3 <3 <3  Happy Father's Day to all of you Dads out there.


No comments: