Monday, July 25, 2011

Sunkissed Sherbet

Yes, this post is brought to you with a side of "catch-up." As per usual, no?

In a previous blog post, I mentioned that I had completed my first donation to Kaitlyn's Promise.

Well, I finished my second donation about a month ago and was able to send it off for donation, as well.

I finished most of the quilt top of this quilt while at our Idyllwild Cabin Fever Quilters' Retreat. I loved how easy this was and it really came out pretty nicely. I plan on making some similar quilts to use up some of my fabric rolls, that truly seem to be over-taking me.

For this quilt, I used Moda's Sunkissed line. Love it. It reminds me of sherbet with its oranges and greens, thus the name: Sunkissed Sherbet.
I used a stacked coin idea, but combined it with a bargello technique that I had recently used. I really liked the outcome.



The backing fabric is from the same line and is super-cute.


Another thing that I loved about this line is the "dictionary" entries that were incorporated into the fabric. I used one of these as the binding, as you can (kind of) see in this close-up.


This quilt, along with the Letters to Paris quilt, were both raffled to benefit the Kaitlyn's Promise Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


1 comment:

Jan Marie said...

Love the colors and your name. Whoever wins this will be lucky.