Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Very Quilty Quilt

With summer vacation finally upon us, I am playing a bit of catch-up. (As is par for the course.)

Although my kids are in the GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) program and must be placed with teachers who have obtained their GATE certification, I am still somewhat able to pick teachers for them.

So, there are teachers that have had all four of my children.

Last year, to celebrate the kindergarten teacher that had taught all of the kids, I made this Brown Bear, Brown Bear Quilt for Linda DiVerde.

This year, I get to celebrate Joan Dyer. She has not only been there for all of my kids, but she has also been a good friend to me.

I chose to use Eric Carle fabrics again, since he is such a staple in early childhood literature.

This quilt features many of the characters found in the Eric Carle "The Very" series: "The Very Quiet Cricket," "The Very Lonely Firefly," and "The Very Busy Spider," among others. (Check out my mitered corners! This is the first time that I've ever done them.)












She absolutely loved it, and we absolutely love her!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: