Monday, July 7, 2008

I knew on the day we got married...

...I married my best friend. Seriously, we were best friends that fell in love. No matter how hard we fought it, we were supposed to be together.

Here is the story of our wedding day.

Rene and I have always been "no-frills" kind of people. When we decided to get married, we did NOT want a huge elaborate affair that would set us back before we even started forward.

We decided to ask our dear friend Karol and her husband Tom if we could have the wedding in their backyard. What you have to understand here is that Karol is friends with both Rene and me. We have both taught with her. She, in essence, is the reason that we ended up together because she kept pushing us toward one another. So, her house (with its beautiful, spacious backyard) was perfect. Without hesitation, she said, "Yes!"

Since Rene and I taught at the same school, we decided to ask the principal if we could borrow some school chairs and long "banquet" tables.
Without hesitation, she said, "Yes!"

Here is a shot from the top of Karol's hill in her yard. (We ended up having roughly 200 people in attendance.) Ummm, excuse the "old-style" scrapbooking and especially the deco-scissors.


Ok, so I told my bridesmaids (BFFs Chris and Dianne) to wear any black dresses that they wanted to wear. I made our bouquets with roses from a flower farm in Carlsbad.


Rene told his groomsmen (Tim and Chris) to wear black suits and blue ties.


My sweet baby Jake (no longer a baby) was my "bubble blower". I didn't want a ring bearer, so he used a bubble gun and walked down the aisle, blowing bubbles. He, then promptly ran to the trampoline for the rest of the ceremony. :D


My dad walked me down the aisle. Love you, daddy.


Rene's cousin, John, married us.



Rene's tia, Olivia, made our cake and then I made the cake topper that was similar to our bouquets and decorated it with yellow daisies around the layers. Also, all the food in the buffet trays in the background of the picture was bought by me and then distributed to any guest that said, "Let me know if there is anything I can do to help." {insert maniacal laugh here} I'd say, "Oh, thank you. Could you cook this before the wedding and bring it with you?" I'm evil and crass, but hey we already knew that, didn't we?



We had the obligatory conga line....



Kids jumped on the trampoline...


I love you, baby! Thanks for your love and this beautiful family!

3 comments:

Kittys Creation said...

Tiff you were a beautiful bride, and I love the no fuss style!

SharonDB said...

OMG where on earth do I begin? I so LOVE that this wedding was so planned from the heart. 1st off, majorly cool that we get to see your old school scrapping, hey it is a remnant from the era like the photos themselves! Love that your meeting as teachers is reflected in the borrowed chairs. Great to see that trampoline from the long shots...then to hear about/see that it was enjoyed! Also like that you were straight-up telling guests that what they could do was bring whatever food you needed (my sis did that w/ her wedding presents when people'd ask!). Your dad, Jake the bubbler, Rene's cousin, the laid back "just wear this" requests, conga line, all so excellent! And you were a gorgeous 'n glowing bride! Congratulations to one of the most happily married couples I know!

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful and confident bride you were. Good for you!