Saturday, January 1, 2011

As luck would have it...

I find it hard to believe that I could possibly have better luck than I already have.

Seriously.

My family is the BEST! We are all healthy, happy, silly, and crazy. We enjoy making each other laugh and loving each other hard. I could not be more blessed than with my husband, children, and our extended family.

My friends are unbelievably supportive. I am fortunate enough to teach with my very best friends. I look forward to seeing them daily and sharing everything with them. In addition to those fabulous women, I belong to book clubs and friendship groups with some of the most amazingly creative and intelligent people.

All things considered, I know better than to tempt fate. As any good southerner knows, the best way to ensure good luck for the coming year is to eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day.

Done and done. (We added some ham, greens, and cornbread, of course.)







Here's to another prosperous year to you and yours from me and mine.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Jan Marie said...

I just saw your comment on my blog and came to check yours out. It looks like we have much the same taste and visit many of the same blogs. Would you care if I add you to my blog list? thanks

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I have never eaten black eyed peas but if it brings good luck I will get some for next New Years Day. :)

Redhead said...

I had my black-eyed peas too. Good to see you made the cornbread in a skillet.

Janett said...

I always tempt fate on New Year's, because I don't eat pork. But I figure the world will let me slide, it's either that or deal with me getting sick when I eat it. ;)