Sunday, February 28, 2010

Daniel's Lakers Quilt

Well, Daniel Shea has coveted Papi's Lakers quilt for long enough.  I finished his quilt this weekend.  I used a pattern that I found in a magazine (the name of which has escaped me, presently.)  The pattern consisted of blocks made of pinwheels and 9-patches.  I modified it slightly because I wanted to close the white spaces.  Therefore, I rotated pinwheels in every other other row so that they closed the white spaces.  I quilted by "stitching in the ditching" using my walking foot.  (Man is that a great invention, or what?) I stippled the border just to add some visual interest. 
The gold and royal purple are flannel and the back is almost entirely flannel.  So, it is super-comfy!   I am so proud of myself that I remembered to throw a color-catcher (two for good measure) in the wash before I washed it the first time.  The white is still as white as snow!   Enjoy!

5 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Beautiful work! I bet it feels wonderful to have completed this project!

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

That is seriously cool. Well done!

Amanda said...

This turned out lovely! I heart quilts but will never attempt to make one again. They're difficult for me!

**MIGNONNE** said...

Oooh my husband would be so jealous! I love the quilt and the Lakers. Great Job!

audrey said...

Great job!!